27 April 2012

Birdwatching


Go birdwatching.

The Western Scrub Jay is one of the few species of birds I saw on my birdwatching expedition.
Before I begin, I would like to say that I don’t mind my biology class. At least this semester. This semester we are dealing with animals and those kinds of organisms. We’re kind of doing things out of order now as far as labs go, so this past week we did a lab on animal behavior. We planned to observe local birds feeding as part of the experiment.
Leaning against a tree yards away from the bird feeder, my partner and I waited for the birds to show up. It was a nice day and I was glad to be outside. My partner and I ended up discussing many things as we waited. She lives down the hall from me, but I never really took the opportunity to talk to her other than in passing. She told me about her family and several anecdotes that followed. I thoroughly enjoyed the time… and the birds!
We saw so many beautiful birds. I can’t remember the names of the birds we saw, but one was magnificently blue and another gorgeously golden. Being out in nature was peaceful and so was talking to my partner. There is something so thrilling about spotting birds and noticing their natural tendencies - it’s like spying on someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment