08 April 2012

Pescetarianism

Become a vegetarian.

This past Lenten season, I gave up meat. I thought Lent would be make becoming vegetarian convenient, particularly because the college cafeteria serves fish on Friday. At first it wasn’t a particularly enjoyable experience. Over time, I came to appreciate my body more because of the physical repercussions becoming vegetarian caused. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, I had to become pescetarian. I enjoy seafood immensely, so pescetarianism worked well for me. 

I was fortunate to have very supportive family and friends. They made accommodations whenever I came to eat with them and some even encouraged my habits by joining me. It inspired me to cook more often and to add to the list
Overall, I had a wonderful experience with becoming (for a time) a vegetarian. I would encourage everyone to at least try it for a week (health conditions permitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment