26 March 2014

Sea of Hooks by Lindsay Hill

I definitely wish I had spent more time with this novel. I was initially interested in it because of the author who is a long-time poet who spent a decade writing this novel. It was a decade well spent. 

Sea of Hooks is artfully crafted into an abstract tale of a young man who makes sense of life through found objects. The novel looks at the inevitable consequences and remnants of life events and their impact on the lives that they intersect. 

At first I thought the novel cast a pessimistic shadow over the concept of life, but the thoughts hidden in perfectly woven metaphors were rather inspiring. The give hope to even the most hopeless situation. 

Although this novel may not be everyone's cup of tea, I recommend it if an appropriate amount of time can be devoted to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment