25 March 2014

Spring Break, Day #4

Today was a beautiful mess. I woke up at 11am (do not judge me!) and started preparing for a picnic my sister and I had planned for the day. She was already at work and I had pretty much free range of her apartment, so I goofed around in the kitchen until I realized I was running late.


Our picnic was simple: turkey sandwiches with Pringles and CapriSun. The location, however, was far more notable. We ended up lunching on the viewing deck of the Newport Bay Nature Preserve. I wish we had more time to explore! From what I could see (and could not see, for that matter), the Preserve covers a substantial area that seems to have been badly burned. Although it its restoration appears stunted, I am confident of nature's impeccable powers of adaptation and regrowth.

Afterward, it was back to studying and watching movies for me. On my watch list for the day was the rest of American Hustle and Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. I have to say, I loved American Hustle much more than I thought I would. Also, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters was not as bad as I imagined... In fact, I rather enjoyed it! I think Greek mythology is fascinating as is anything involving Greek mythology.


Once my sister returned from work, we celebrated our last night together with Chinese food for dinner, watching FaceOff, and having a packing party. My sister and I both leave tomorrow for separate trips and decided it would be easier to pack our things simultaneously. It was much more fun than packing alone!! I even helped her plan out some makeup looks for her trip. I am no beauty guru, but it was nice to have some "girl chat" about makeup and other beauty products we are loving.

As hard as I think it will be to leave tomorrow, I am content with what time we spent together this weekend and hope that I can visit again sometime sooner than later and that life will not get in the way of that plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment