03 November 2013

Daylight Savings Time? More Like Daylight Time.

Well today was slow-going... I was very grateful for the added hour of sleep, because otherwise I would have been in sleep debt an hour. It is interesting that one of the most associated topics with Daylight Savings Time is sleep. Coincidentally, sleep and rest are topics we will be covering this week in our Foundations course.

I am not quite sure I remember the actual purpose of Daylight Savings Time and I would not think of boring anyone with a history lesson, however I am concerned with the thought of the consequences of Daylight Savings Time. I understand enough about sleep to discern that a change in perception of time can disturb sleeping patterns. As a person that typically experiences difficulty falling asleep, I wonder if it will make it easier to fall asleep.

I am also one of those people that gets drowsy as the lights fade into darkness. Will I hibernate this year? Only time will tell... For now, I will advise everyone not to rue the Pacific Northwest winter weather because of the related sluggishness and depression it causes. Definitely take it into account and combat it with an increasing use of lights and an appropriate amount of caffeine, just as I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment