20 June 2014

Hiking with Saul


I use the verb "hiking" loosely in describing the long walk we took yesterday. I still feel a little shaky after the flu, so I thought of things that could get my brother and I out of the house and into an abnormally warm and sunny day. There are several parks nearby that I have yet to visit this summer and I decided on one that was a few blocks away.



Kobayashi Park, our park of choice for the excursion, is located in University Place near Chambers Creek. It is currently open while the housing structure is under construction. From what I understand, the property used to be owned by a couple who had a small house and pool overlooking the creek. The couple tried selling the house, but instead turned it into a rental home. The rental home eventually became too much of a liability and is now under construction. Supposedly it is being turned into a gazebo for public use. 

The park has two distinct sets of trails, the easier of which we explored. It was a good outing to say the least.






Our signature "bored" look. Well, close enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment