06 June 2014

Summer is Here!

Packing for the summer was tedious.
Thank goodness for summer! It has been almost a week since I left school and I have spent much of that time with my family. I may have had an over-indulgence in self-care this last week - I went to the public library several times, re-organized my room, did a bit of spring cleaning, and snuggled with my pup, Echo. I am so happy to be home!!

The end of the semester came more swiftly than I would have ever imagined. Preparing for exams was a lot less stressful than it was last semester, although knowing I had to pack everything away for the summer was taxing my concentration.

Taking the HESI this semester was quite an experience. We were told that there was a focus on mental health and pharmacology, both subjects in which I excelled. The exam itself was more difficult than I anticipated and it was disturbing how unprepared I felt for it. Considering it started off finals week, the unexpected results shed a pall over the second semester students. As if we needed more excuses to drink.

Enjoying the sun with my brother and aunt.
Despite the challenge finals posed, it was such a relief to be able to pack and move on my own. Usually my parents come and help, but... sometimes three is a crowd. I was fortunate enough to find storage nearby the campus. After my last final I hastily packed up my things and, with the help of several friends, moved them into the storage unit. Neither my things nor us movers sustained damages, physically or otherwise.

Before I came "home" home, I was able to have drinks with my traveling aunt and help my cousin with a graduation speech. I adopted for the summer my friend's fish and was even able to bond with it slightly before making the long(-ish) journey home.

Now that I am home, I am waiting on my CNA license to come through to practice at a local clinic or hospital. The licensing process, however, is taking much longer than I expected. I may end up job-shadowing for most of my summer, but in any case I would rather that than random summer activities. I will be traveling a bit this summer for various reasons which I will explain at a later date. In any case, I will be blogging more frequently and hope that each post will be interesting enough to spend a few minutes of these long summer days reading.

(P.S. I passed all my courses, in case anyone was wondering.)

I look forward to more sunny days spent outdoors!


No comments:

Post a Comment