21 June 2014

Universal Class

As I mentioned this past week, I have been exploring Scout, a Pierce County Library System online program for adults. In my exploration, I have discovered an online education website that is free through the library. I knew Tacoma Library System had it, but I did not know that PCLS did - as you can imagine, I was ecstatic!

The name of the website is Universal Class. If you have a Pierce County Library card, you should be able to access it for free. I hope that this information will be useful to those in Pierce County as well as those who may be interested to see if this option is available through the local public library system.

Source

I have been trying to keep up with my study habits this summer and thought, "what better way than to use online education?" I browsed the website for the kinds of courses it hosts and almost immediately signed up for Prenatal Care. I wanted to see what the courses would be like and thought the prenatal class would give me a good head-start on next semester's rotation through labor and delivery.

The courses are designed for anyone with a high school education and offer unlimited time for completion. In every lesson, there is the information which can be printed for later use as well as an exam (that is more like a quiz in my opinion). Some lessons have assignments which have the student review what has been discussed in the lesson. Some courses have more lessons than others. The course instructors tend to answer emails and return grades in a timely manner. The longest I have had to wait for a response was two days - and that was over a weekend.
Currently I am taking Organic Chemistry 101, Alzheimer's Disease 101, and All About Herbs. I have completed Prenatal Care and am concurrently taking a nutrition class through the Tacoma Public Library System's online education website.

No comments:

Post a Comment