20 October 2013

SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED

I am finally getting over this awful cold though at this point, it does not sound like it. I can tell because my aches, sneezes, headaches, and lethargy are gone and have been replaced with renewed energy and determination to study for the upcoming exams.

We have been focusing on cardiovascular (heart, blood, and lungs) function, including tissue perfusion (spreading blood to the body) and related issues as well as medications. We had an interesting lecture by a substitute professor on pharmacodynamics, which is basically what drugs do in the body and how they do it. We do not fully study pharmacology until second semester, but it fit in with medication administration section.

Anyway, once I began studying I felt oddly at ease - comfortable, even. I do not know if it is mostly because my lifestyle very much resembles that of a student - sitting for long periods of time, rarely eating, drinking lots of caffeine - or if I enjoy studying that much. I mean, I do truly enjoy studying, but I wonder if my normal academically-oriented routine has become a sort of relationship.

There are often jokes shared about having a relationship with one's job, but I am starting to worry that I have a relationship with academia. Here are my top 10 reasons:

  1. Most of my time is spent with it
  2. I talk about it constantly with my friends
  3. I can only take minimal breaks from it before feeling slightly guilty
  4. I drink far too much with it (caffeine)
  5. Sometimes I sleep with it
  6. I can look/feel terrible and it does not mind
  7. I spend quite a bit of money on it
  8. It keeps me awake at night
  9. My friends all know it and some even despise it
  10. No matter how upset I get with it, I keep coming back
Disclaimer: This might be residual brain-scrambling from being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment