05 January 2014

2013 Recap

I will make no blanket statements about the last year other than it was a year of learning. I learned more about myself this year than I can remember any year before that.

In January, I applied to nursing school and spent the month taking care of my post-surgical father. I started on the AFI films list and revamped the existing List. Fast forward to May - I finished my sophomore year of college and packed up my things for the last time in McMinnville. It was bittersweet, saying goodbye to the campus and people that made so many wonderful memories, while also looking forward to my future in Portland. I also celebrated the graduation of my beautiful sister!

In June, I traveled to Mexico with my family and spent a week relaxing and recouping from a rough school year. July flew by and left me dazed and confused, scrambling to get things together for the first week of school in August.

Adjusting to nursing school and Portland took most of my September and October, but I successfully completed my first 5k in November. The transition from  November to December was rough, what with all the academic events occurring and the process of packing for two months home.

The last week of December was fantastic. Christmas with the family was wonderful, as usual, and New Years Eve, despite a couple mishaps, was fantastic. As ever, I am grateful for the experiences that have led me to this point in my life. I look forward to the year ahead and, as always, I wonder what it has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment