23 January 2014

Thankful Thursday, Pt. 4

This week has been very... taxing. I've been doing various adultly tasks and have been spending loads of time with my family which has all been wonderful, but in the meantime I have obviously neglected to blog. I apologize. Hopefully this coming week will be better. Now onto Thankful Thursday!

Oh my... So much to be thankful for today. As usual, my family is at the top of the list. I have been spending most of my time with my mother and seeing how she constantly looks for the needs of others is something I am very thankful for. I think I get my generosity from her.

I am also thankful for my brother and his sense of joy. Sometimes it will express itself in humor, other times in hugs, and other times in words. For instance, this morning on the way to school he teased me and upon returning home he hugged me and said he missed me. It is the moments in which I share in his joy that I am truly grateful for him. Not to be overlooked, I am also thankful for my sister who makes my day (pretty much every day) by her thoughtfulness.

I am also grateful for the local law enforcement officers. I ran into a few of them at a Starbucks and realized that I was actually glad to see a group of them chatting over their espressos. As one might imagine, they have a hard job and seeing them in a different light was refreshing and a reminder to be grateful for my safety.

The aforementioned are only a few of the things on my list of gratitude today, but they are the most important things to me at the moment. I hope that one day I might finally be able to list all the things I am thankful for, but for now, these short Thankful Thursday posts will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment