25 January 2014

Adventuretime: Snoqualmie Falls Edition

Last night I had the most incredible night of sleep I have had in weeks! Thus, I was a little disheartened the moment Saul came barreling into my room to wake me up for our day of adventure. Fortunately, after a little pick-me-up at Starbucks, I was more than ready to get going - I was excited! I cannot remember the last time I visited Snoqualmie falls, but I can say that it has been quite a while.

The trip to Snoqualmie was short, but sweet. My fellow passengers and I entertained ourselves with lively conversation and music... and the (not so) little one with snacks and a movie. Although Saul does tend to enjoy the journey more than the destination, he was in very good spirits when we arrived.

Today's good weather had drawn out many families to the park. I do not know if it is usually that busy, but I was grateful for the multitudes of families (especially those with pets) that were taking the trail. Not only were they a source of entertainment for Saul (the pets, mostly), they were a reminder that coming back up the trail would not kill us.

The trail was fairly steep - not a problem going down, of course, but a bit of a struggle coming up. (There is a separate parking lot closer to the lower falls viewpoint for those with difficulty hiking). In truth, I do not think any of us considered it an obstacle. We were too busy enjoying being outside on a lovely day being near such a magnificent force of nature.

The view was beautiful. I know it is literally just water flowing off a cliff, but it the sheer magnitude of the water was astonishing. What can I say? It's the little things.

We ended the trip by enjoying a lunch of sandwiches and soup at Rose Ridge Cafe & Deli. There is much to say about an owner who recognizes pretty much everyone in town and welcomes strangers as friends. Walking off our lunch, we explored the area and found a neat statue in front of the community center.

After the detour, we reluctantly returned home to shower and settle down for the evening. Overall, a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment