26 January 2014

The Perfect Bath

Relaxation is never easy when there is always so much to do. One of the ways I like to relax is by taking a bath. I can read or watch a movie, listen to music or an audiobook, mull over the day or make plans. Basically, a bath is a great way to multi-task.

The beauty items I have acquired over the months came in to good use whenever I am worn down and in need of some self-care. For instance, the bath bomb from LUSH was perfect! Honey Bee smelled like pure sweetness and was as soothing as a cup of camomile tea.

To start, I removed all my makeup using the YES soothing facial cleansing wipes and ran a warm-verging-on-hot-bath. I filled my water bottle with cold water and played some mood music. 
Although I could have easily fallen asleep, I brought with me a supply of books to read. I was finally able to finish The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros, a book that my aunt lent me a while back and moved on to a couple other books I am currently reading. Fortunately I remembered to hydrate myself (hence the water bottle) amidst the engaging literature. 

After soaking for a while, I got out and dried off. My skin has been abnormally dry lately, so I decided to apply an absurd amount of body butter. (My favorite is Blueberry from the Body Shop, but as it is discontinued, I settle for the papaya scent.) I also applied Hope in a Jar by Philosophy, my favorite facial moisturizer at the moment. 

The result of all my efforts and time? Contentment and drowsiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment